DIY: Thumbrint Tree Guest Book



I don't know about you guys, but I always thought that the concept of a guest book at a wedding reception was kind of silly.  I mean, the bride and groom already know who's going to be there, so why would you want a silk-covered book filled a list of names that you already have from the RSVPs?  Alas, I felt the pressure to include something similar at our wedding, but lucky for me there's a a new guest book fad out there: thumbprint guest 'books'!  Not only are they interactive, but they're also more personal and can be turned into artwork that can be hung in the bride and groom's home.  After seeing a few of the tree examples on Pinterest, I decided to sketch one to have at our reception:



thumbprint tree guest book



I love that the tree image fits into our theme, and I think our guests will have a lot of fun with it!  (Oh- and if you're wondering about the frame, it was a $10 find at Goodwill)


*POST UPDATE*
Now that Kevin and I are all married and got our photos back from our photographer, I figured I would include the professional photos of the thumbprint tree guest book in addition to my amateur ones.  Enjoy!







Oh, and here's a picture of it hanging in our house :)  It makes me smile every time I see it!




No comments