It's all in the Details

Parents wedding photos at wedding reception



While I've now posted about many of the different details of our wedding ceremony, there are a few little things that have been left out that I'd love to share.


Right at the entrance of our reception we displayed photos of our parents on their wedding days.  It was one of the small ways we tried to thank them for being such positive examples of successful, long-standing marriages. 

Parents wedding photos at wedding reception

Other elements that decorated our venue: doilies, birdcages, bottles filled with dried flowers and various metal letters spelling out our initials:

metal lace initials wedding decoration



birdcage wedding decoration

One of my favorite DIY pieces that I made for our wedding was the fabric leaf garland that hung from our wedding arch.  The fabrics used were either hand-dyed by me during my college days, or bought from JoAnn's.  I cut each and every "leaf" by hand and sewed them all together using my mom's sewing machine.



fabric leaf garland wedding arch

While these kinds of crafts and details can be time-consuming to create and put together, I can truly say that all the hard work was worth it in the end.

No comments